GOWENS MUSIC: Gospel music for children
Children's Music Ministry Workers Conference (CMMWC)
Children's Music Ministry Workers Conference
The Children's Music Ministry Workers Conference (CMMWC) is a part of the vision of Gowens Music. The purpose of this training conference is to begin to equip the saints who have been called into this special music ministry with our children and youth.
This conference will provide not only new music for children's choirs and youth choirs, but will provide an opportunity for directors and musicians to develop their ministry with their children and youth. It will be an opportunity for workers to share, learn from, and encourage each other in this calling.
The Bible says to "train up a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it." God has not called everyone to this ministry with children, but those whom He has called, need to be equipped. That is our purpose and goal for the Children's Music Ministry Workers Conference.
We have had participants from New York, Ohio, Nebraska, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, California, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Illinois! This is a small conference with small class sizes so that you can get greater attention from all of our instructors.
Please take a few moments to read about our qualified and anointed instructors, and see what classes we offer. I'm sure you will find something that will be of interest! Come on and join us at our next conference! You'll be glad you did!
Cynthia Gowens Debra M. Murph Kathy M. Bolton
Here are some comments from those who have attended this wonderful training conference...
* I am looking forward to attending this year and receive a renewing of my spirit. Last year's experience was so wonderful. I have even used some of the songs that we were taught and given with our church's youth choir. They were, of course, magnificent in their performance. Brother Raymond would have been proud of his song. We did "That's Why He Came On Christmas Day". I will continue to pray for you and your staff that you continue to do God's will. Thank you for caring."
* Please keep Mime, Rhythm and Worship, and Sign Language. I like the number of workshops we attended. I liked the topics we had this year. I'd like there to be some time set aside for us to buy music. A specific place and time where the composers have their music displayed and we have ample time to "shop".
* This was my first time attending the conference and I was blessed, and encouraged, and happy to return back to my choir to share the songs and things I had learned. Unlike GMWA, I can appreciate that this is specifically for children/youth. I also liked the "family" environment--you could meet new people because it wasn't a huge crowd. Since it's a short conference, I was concerned about enough time for the classes, but it was fine, time management was not a problem. BUT, I was tired on my way home! Great job! Great conference!!
* I love the idea of Ph.D. instructors. Their presence and depth of knowledge is second to none. I was absolutely ecstatic throughout the entire conference, so much so that I left my shoe there!
Hotel accomodations were exactly what we needed, and your support team handled transportation, meals, and administrative with deft precision. I felt like family because everyone was so warm and personable. We lacked nothing! We wanted nothing! It was heavenly! I have already requested to change our serving Sunday to the 3rd Sunday in October (so that I can attend this year).
* I was thoroughly blessed through this Children's Music Ministry Workers Conference. Every course was relevant, right on target in terms of the needs that we have, and the sessions were enlightening and refreshing. Thank you for having this conference."
* The sessions were wonderful. I appreciate the time and effort put into handouts and presentations. It is a fun, work filled weekend. I wish there were a little more time for my nap! This is a well put together conference. Thank you!
* I don't have any dislikes. I think the workshop is wonderful. I learn something new each year. A couple of years ago, there was a suggestion about receiving a certificate after you take so many classes. I would like to see that idea come to light. Maybe some projects that we have to complete by next time we meet. This way, it will encourage some of us (mainly me) to work outside of my "box".
* All was well planned once again. I have no suggestions for improvement for next year.
* I like the smaller, intimate size.
* The schedule is nice. 8:30am is a bit early, but at the same time, it needs to be for everything that occurs. The food is good. The instructors are quite knowledgeable in their fields…
* I like everything. I look forward to this conference each year. My goal next year is to bring someone new!
* I like all the topics, the closeness that everyone seems to share. All the music is great and can be put to good use. My favorite class was Singing and Signing.
* The fellowship has been truly inspirational. I am sure my students will benefit from my experiences here.
* I loved the conference and will be sure to spread the word to everyone I know that works in this ministry.
* I have been blessed with a wealth of knowledge. I am filled with ideas and inspired to go back to my church and share that which I have learned. All classes I attended were good and all useful to me even though I am not a choir director, but a parent volunteer.
* My favorite is Singing and Signing. Oh what joy, and fun we have. This is such a wonderful class. I could never complain about anything, this is by far the best conference I have ever been to.
* I like the level of preparation of the instructors (their background and credentials)…very inspiring and informative.